NWB provides software for interacting with and analyzing NWB files in both Python (PyNWB) and MATLAB (MatNWB). Please see the links below for tutorials and documentation for each.
- Installation: https://pynwb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html#installation
- Tutorials: https://pynwb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/index.html
- API documentation: https://pynwb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api_docs.html
- Installation: https://neurodatawithoutborders.github.io/matnwb/#setup
- Tutorials: https://neurodatawithoutborders.github.io/matnwb/#tutorials
- API documentation: https://neurodatawithoutborders.github.io/matnwb/doc/index.html
Online video tutorials based on the NWB User Days training curriculum are available online at the INCF training space.
Video recordings from NWB training and developer events are further available online at the NWB YouTube channel.
The Kavli Foundation will be hosting webcasts (Google Hangouts) about NWB, including how to use the NWB data format, in the near future.
Please join our mailing list to receive updates — including upcoming events and tutorials — as well as announcements about future NWB projects. If you have technical questions about the NWB data format, please Contact Us.
Previous versions of NWB (1.0 and earlier)
Sean Mackesey has produced an interactive tutorial in Jupyter notebook that explains the structure of NWB and takes users through the process of reading and writing an NWB 1 file. Try it out here.