Effective Date: September 15, 2021
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; USE OF CONTENT
The contents of the Site—including text, photos, images, design, logos, videos, music, art, publications and all other materials and information (“Content”) is the property of The Foundation, its licensors or its third-party providers, unless otherwise noted, and is protected, without limitation by U.S. and foreign copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the designs, art and videos on this site are licensed to you under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 United States License (“Creative Commons License”). As more fully described in here, this license permits you to copy, distribute, and display such content so long as you mention and link back to the Foundation and do not change the content or use it commercially. Photos, logos, images, music and publications on the Site are not licensed under the Creative Commons License; they may not be distributed, modified, reproduced, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of The Foundation or its third-party licensors.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and other indicia of origin (collectively, “Marks”) appearing on the Site is the property of The Foundation, its affiliates, licensors, and/or third-party service providers. Except for the Creative Commons License set for above, you may not make any use of any Content or Marks without the prior written consent of The Foundation and/or any applicable affiliates, licensors or third-party service provider. Except as except as permitted by the Creative Commons License set forth above, no Content from the Sites may be copied, reproduced, republished, translated, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of Content on any single computer for your personal non-commercial use, only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the Content or use of the Content for any other purpose may be a violation of copyright, trademark, trade secret rights and others’ proprietary rights belonging to The Foundation and its affiliates, licensors and/or third party service providers.
In using or accessing the Site you agree:
- not to disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the Site, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Site or affiliated or linked Sites;
- not to use the Site for a purpose that is unlawful, tortious, libelous, defamatory, harassing, abusive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, intrusive on another’s privacy, or inappropriate with respect to race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, or other intrinsic characteristic;
- not to disrupt or interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of the Site;
- not to use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Marks or other proprietary information (including the images and information available through the Site or the content of any text) without The Foundation’s express written consent;
- not to use meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing a Mark, videos or other materials without the Foundation’s express written consent;
- not to use the Site for any commercial purpose not expressly approved by Foundation in writing, including without limitation, unsolicited advertising junk mail or spam;
- not to monitor, scrape, index or otherwise copy any of the material on the Site by means of any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means, regardless of whether such use my be considered a fair use under United States copyright law;
- not to disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Site, except as permitted by applicable laws;
- not to “deeplink” to the Site without The Foundation’s express written consent; and
- not to attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Site or portions of the Site that are restricted from general access.
LINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
CHANGES TO SITE
The Foundation may add, change, discontinue, remove or suspend any portion of the Sites at any time, without notice.
The foundation makes no representation or warranty with respect to the site or content, all of which are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The foundation hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, with respect to the site, content and any linked site. The foundation does not warrant the functionality, information or links contained on the site or that content will meet your requirements, that the site or content are fit for any particular purpose, that the operation of the site or content will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, worms, trojan horses, cancelbots or other harmful components. The foundation does not warrant or make any representation regarding the use or the results of the use of any content in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not the foundation) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event and under no cause of action, including, without limitation, negligence, shall the foundation and its affiliated entities or any of their respective officers, directors, employees or authorized agents (collectively “the foundation parties”) be liable for any damages, claims or losses incurred (including, without limitation, compensatory, incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages), however caused, and under any theory of liability arising in connection with: (a) the site, including, without limitation, any content; (b) your use or inability to use the site, including, without limitation, any content; (c) any third party site or service used in connection with or available through the site; (d) unauthorized access to or alteration or loss of your transmissions or data or other information that is sent or received in connection with the site; or (e) errors, system down time, network or system outages, file corruption or service interruptions, even if a foundation party is advised of the possibility of such damages, claims or losses.
Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
PERMISSION FOR WEB LINKING
If you link to the Site, you may only link to the home page, and the link must be in plain text, unless otherwise approved in writing by The Foundation. Any such link must not damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with The Foundation and/or any Foundation intellectual property, nor may the link create the false appearance that your Site or organization is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated or associated with The Foundation, and you may not “frame” the Site. You may not link to the Site from any Site that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, that promotes violence or illegal acts or that is otherwise inappropriate in The Foundation’s sole discretion. The Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any link from any Site.
The Foundation will not be responsible for any delay, failure in performance or interruption of service, resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, acts of civil or military authorities, civil disturbances, wars, strikes or other labor disputes, fires, transportation contingencies, interruptions in telecommunications or Internet services or network provider services, failure of equipment and/or software, other catastrophes or any other occurrences which are beyond the Foundation’s reasonable control.