The Neurodata Without Borders Summer 2022 Newsletter is now available! Click here for the latest…
What is new in NWB:N v2.0? (to be released SfN 2017)
3. What is new in NWB:N v2.0? (to be released SfN 2017)
- New modular software architecture and APIs to enable users/developers to efficiently interact with the NWB data format, format files, and specifications.
- Decoupled the various aspects of NWB:N (i.e. the specification language, format specification, storage, and API). This allows each to be used and maintained independently.
- Created a mechanism for easy creation of extensions.
- Simplified and extended the specification language used to describe the NWB:N format to ease readability, interpretability and expressiveness.
- Updated the NWB:N data format to extend and clarify the concept of NWBContainer (previously Interface), avoid implicit links, and improve consistency and ease-of-use.
- Documentation for the various aspects of NWB:N is available online:
- General overview of NWB:N and its various components: http://nwb-overview.readthedocs.io/en/latest/nwbintro.html
- PyNWB API for NWB:N: http://pynwb.readthedocs.io
- NWB:N data format specification: http://nwb-schema.readthedocs.io
- Specification Language: http://schema-language.readthedocs.io
- Data Storage: http://nwb-storage.readthedocs.io
- For examples showing the use and creation of extensions see http://pynwb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/example.html#extending-nwb and http://pynwb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials.html – extensions